How to keep ants outdoors during the summer.
1) It takes 8–10 weeks for ant eggs to hatch.
2) The ant species dates back to the Cretaceous period (130 million years ago).* — Which means their survival skills are second to none.
3) Queen garden ants can live up to 15 years.
4) A typical colony of ants has about 5,000 up to 15,000 worker ants.
Ants have one thing on their radar — food
Ants are omnivorous and can eat almost anything which makes our kitchens and other food sources in the home a primary target.
Over the Summer months worker ants look for food supply and bring food back to the queen ant and the new young. Worker ants are also explore new places where they can build new colonies — so making sure you have the right tools to stop these ants in their tracks will help to prevent ants making themselves comfortable in your home this season.
Ways to stop them marching into your home this Summer:
1) Keep food off the bench tops. Food left out encourages them to come inside and get stuck into your left overs or any sticky sweet treats that may be lying around.
2) Look for any cracks or crevices around the kitchen and seal these to prevent these pesky invaders having any easy access point.
3) Arm yourself with some preventative insecticide that will help to keep them out of your home.
4) If you have a large colony of ants in your gardens or yard, consider ridding these nests through either DIY solutions or pest control services.
Having the right tools for the job is important to keep your home protected.
The Ecomist Sniper is designed specifically for spraying borders like window sills, doors, and the periphery of the home and yard. The Sniper dries fast and acts as an invisible but highly effective barrier for ants and other creepy crawlers. The fast acting formula kills ants on contact. For indoor and outdoor use.
Maintaining an ant free environment can be accomplished by using the Ecomist dispenser set on the Normal or High setting over the Summer months.